Pyarimohan Mohapatra floats Odisha Janamorcha
Mohapatra had allegedly tried to topple the Patnaik government in May 2012 but had failed and was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's former political advisor and Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra launched his political party, Odisha Janamorcha on Tuesday. Mohapatra had allegedly tried to topple the Patnaik government in May 2012 but had failed and was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
Earlier in January, stepping up his attack on the Patnaik government, the expelled leader had threatened to expose corruption in Odisha's coal sector. "There are documents - a 'brahmastra' relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra had said.
Mohapatra was expelled as he was continuing anti-party activities, indiscipline and collecting funds, the BJD had said.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya