Pyarimohan Mohapatra floats Odisha Janamorcha
Mohapatra had allegedly tried to topple the Patnaik government in May 2012 but had failed and was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's former political advisor and Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra launched his political party, Odisha Janamorcha on Tuesday. Mohapatra had allegedly tried to topple the Patnaik government in May 2012 but had failed and was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
Earlier in January, stepping up his attack on the Patnaik government, the expelled leader had threatened to expose corruption in Odisha's coal sector. "There are documents - a 'brahmastra' relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra had said.
Mohapatra was expelled as he was continuing anti-party activities, indiscipline and collecting funds, the BJD had said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner