DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Security tightened for Rahul Gandhi's visit
The city police and SPG have taken over the security of the community hall located in Markat Nagar area, where Rahul will meet Congress workers.
Cuttack: Security arrangements have been tightened for Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi's visit in Cuttack on Tuesday. Gandhi, who arrived in the state on Monday and met party workers from western Odisha at Sambalpur, is scheduled to come to Cuttack on Tuesday morning.
"He will speak with the panchayat, block and district level functionaries of the party here in morning and afternoon. A meeting with senior party leaders will take place at an extended working committee meeting in the evening, before leaving for New Delhi," city Congress president Muhammed Moqim said.
The city police and SPG have taken over the security of the community hall located in Markat Nagar area, where Gandhi will meet Congress workers. He will arrive at Charbatia airstrip near Choudwar in the morning, from where he would travel by road to the meeting venue, a distance of about 15 kms, a police officer said.
The venue has been "protected" and the road in front of the meeting hall sealed. Plain clothed policemen and those with arms have been deployed in the satellite city of Markat Nagar, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment