Officials responsible for Allahabad stampede are murderers: Uma
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers.
New Delhi: In a major tragedy on the most auspicious day of the Maha Kumbh on Sunday, at least 37 pilgrims were killed and many were injured in a stampede at the Allahabad railway station. BJP leader Uma Bharti, who visited the accident site and later met the injured, questioned the arrangements made by railways ahead of the religious gathering.
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers. Uma Bharti blamed the state administration for the tragic accident.
She added that when she reached the hospital, families of the injured person told her that they were out on the road after stampede but police and the administration not help them. Neither the doctors nor anyone from the administration was there to help them, she alleged.
While authorities fear the death toll could rise further, eyewitnesses say a police lathicharge triggered the chaos and the stampede.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18