Officials responsible for Allahabad stampede are murderers: Uma
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers.
New Delhi: In a major tragedy on the most auspicious day of the Maha Kumbh on Sunday, at least 37 pilgrims were killed and many were injured in a stampede at the Allahabad railway station. BJP leader Uma Bharti, who visited the accident site and later met the injured, questioned the arrangements made by railways ahead of the religious gathering.
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers. Uma Bharti blamed the state administration for the tragic accident.
She added that when she reached the hospital, families of the injured person told her that they were out on the road after stampede but police and the administration not help them. Neither the doctors nor anyone from the administration was there to help them, she alleged.
While authorities fear the death toll could rise further, eyewitnesses say a police lathicharge triggered the chaos and the stampede.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw