DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Officials responsible for Allahabad stampede are murderers: Uma
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers.
New Delhi: In a major tragedy on the most auspicious day of the Maha Kumbh on Sunday, at least 37 pilgrims were killed and many were injured in a stampede at the Allahabad railway station. BJP leader Uma Bharti, who visited the accident site and later met the injured, questioned the arrangements made by railways ahead of the religious gathering.
BJP leader Uma Bharti said that officials responsible for those who died in the stampede were murderers. Uma Bharti blamed the state administration for the tragic accident.
She added that when she reached the hospital, families of the injured person told her that they were out on the road after stampede but police and the administration not help them. Neither the doctors nor anyone from the administration was there to help them, she alleged.
While authorities fear the death toll could rise further, eyewitnesses say a police lathicharge triggered the chaos and the stampede.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO