Okay to slap slack officials, says Goa minister
Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
Panaji: It is okay to slap government officials who do not work efficiently, according to Goa Civil Supplies Minister Dayanand Mandrekar. Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
"Sometimes officials do not do any work properly and do not listen too. Then like he (Mickky Pacheco) said, they should be slapped," Mandrekar said. Goa Vikas party legislator Mickky Pachecho earlier during the debate said that officials of the water resources department had been ignoring the building of a retaining wall in the village of Betalbatim, 30 km from Panaji, and that there was no way that they could be made to work unless people slapped them.
Pacheco has already been convicted for slapping a government official on duty. He has appealed against the sentence.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte