DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Okay to slap slack officials, says Goa minister
Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
Panaji: It is okay to slap government officials who do not work efficiently, according to Goa Civil Supplies Minister Dayanand Mandrekar. Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
"Sometimes officials do not do any work properly and do not listen too. Then like he (Mickky Pacheco) said, they should be slapped," Mandrekar said. Goa Vikas party legislator Mickky Pachecho earlier during the debate said that officials of the water resources department had been ignoring the building of a retaining wall in the village of Betalbatim, 30 km from Panaji, and that there was no way that they could be made to work unless people slapped them.
Pacheco has already been convicted for slapping a government official on duty. He has appealed against the sentence.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar