Okay to slap slack officials, says Goa minister
Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
Panaji: It is okay to slap government officials who do not work efficiently, according to Goa Civil Supplies Minister Dayanand Mandrekar. Mandrekar made the remark on Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
"Sometimes officials do not do any work properly and do not listen too. Then like he (Mickky Pacheco) said, they should be slapped," Mandrekar said. Goa Vikas party legislator Mickky Pachecho earlier during the debate said that officials of the water resources department had been ignoring the building of a retaining wall in the village of Betalbatim, 30 km from Panaji, and that there was no way that they could be made to work unless people slapped them.
Pacheco has already been convicted for slapping a government official on duty. He has appealed against the sentence.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1