Omar criticises 'YJHD' for portraying Gulmarg as Manali
Omar Abdullah tweeted, "It is irritating when we roll out the red carpet and facilitate the shoot only to have people believe its Manali."
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticised the filmmakers of 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' on Twitter on Saturday over showing Gulmarg as Manali in the film. Omar Abdullah was upset over the portrayal of Gulmarg in the movie as Manali. In his tweet he said, "It is irritating when we roll out the red carpet and facilitate the shoot only to have people believe its Manali."
Omar also wanted to know whether producer Karan Johar had given any credit at all to the state for shooting scenes of the movie there. "If anyone has seen the movie can you tell me whether they have at least mentioned the state in the credits (opening or closing) #YJHD," Omar said in another tweet on the subject.
Praising Kashmir for its scenic beauty, he said, "Those of you planning to visit Manali because of what you saw in #YJHD except for the temple and Span resort it's all Gulmarg." The chief minister had last year visited Gulmarg and met the crew of the movie when they were shooting there.
Anxious to have Bollywood back in the Valley for shooting, Omar had asked the officials in Gulmarg to extend all possible cooperation to the film unit during its shoot.
(With additional information from IANS)
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics