Omar criticises 'YJHD' for portraying Gulmarg as Manali
Omar Abdullah tweeted, "It is irritating when we roll out the red carpet and facilitate the shoot only to have people believe its Manali."
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticised the filmmakers of 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' on Twitter on Saturday over showing Gulmarg as Manali in the film. Omar Abdullah was upset over the portrayal of Gulmarg in the movie as Manali. In his tweet he said, "It is irritating when we roll out the red carpet and facilitate the shoot only to have people believe its Manali."
Omar also wanted to know whether producer Karan Johar had given any credit at all to the state for shooting scenes of the movie there. "If anyone has seen the movie can you tell me whether they have at least mentioned the state in the credits (opening or closing) #YJHD," Omar said in another tweet on the subject.
Praising Kashmir for its scenic beauty, he said, "Those of you planning to visit Manali because of what you saw in #YJHD except for the temple and Span resort it's all Gulmarg." The chief minister had last year visited Gulmarg and met the crew of the movie when they were shooting there.
Anxious to have Bollywood back in the Valley for shooting, Omar had asked the officials in Gulmarg to extend all possible cooperation to the film unit during its shoot.
(With additional information from IANS)
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC