Omar takes a dig at American media for calling Kasab a 'gunman'
The Jammu and Kashmir CM also lauded the Centre and the Maharashtra government for keeping Kasab's execution a secret.
Jammu: Taking a dig at the American media for calling 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab a "gunman" and referring Hamas as a "terror outfit", Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah posted a tweet on his Twitter page saying, "So, Hamas are terrorists but Kasab was a "gunman". Well done, American media you really call it like it is. *sarcasm*." Kasab was hanged at Pune's Yerwada jail on Wednesday morning.
He also lauded the Centre and the Maharashtra government for the maturity they showed in handling the Kasab issue. "Gotta hand it to the Govts at the Centre & in Mumbai for the mature way they handled this. Shows we can still keep a secret if we need to," Omar further tweeted. He also took a dig at television news channels saying, "Now we'll watch all the channels line up to claim that THEY were the ones to break the news of the hanging".
LeT terrorist Kasab, who was the sole surviving Pakistani terrorist of the 26/11 attack in Mumbai in which 166 people were killed, was hanged in a jail in Pune on Wednesday morning. The Centre kept the execution of Kasab a secret and only revealed it once the terrorist was hanged and buried.
Recommended For You
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- TOUGH TESTJunior Hockey World Cup: India Look to Carry Momentum Against England
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up