DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Omar terms Geelani's hecklers 'bloody idiots'
Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday condemned the heckling of separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani in New Delhi during a seminar and said such attacks were of no help in solving the Kashmir issue.
Reacting to the news of attack on 81-year-old Geelani, the Chief Minister said "these Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena (BSKS) and ABVP goons are bloody idiots."
"Anyone can assault an old man. As if attacking SASG (Geelani) will make the Kashmir issue just disappear," the Chief Minister remarked on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
Geelani was heckled at a seminar in North Delhi on Monday by activists of BSKS and ABVP but timely intervention by Delhi Police prevented the situation from worsening.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet