Omar thirsty for power, says Mehbooba Mufti
Mufti charged Omar with failing on all counts, except for "maintaining his position" as head of the government.
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday launched a spirited attack on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, calling him a man who has "unquenchable thirst for power".
Mehbooba and her party - at the receiving end of Omar Abdullah's speeches inside and outside of the state legislature, hit back in the assembly on Tuesday, charging him with failing on all counts, except for "maintaining his position" as head of the government.
Speaking in a debate on the grants of departments held by the chief minister, she was unsparing in her criticism, citing facts and figures of "backdoor" appointments and recruitment of retired officers, while the unemployed youth were getting frustrated and saw nothing bright in their future.
"You (Omar) are running the state as if it was your personal property," Mehbooba alleged and went on to say that he was treating the chief minister's chair as "inherited property".
Omar Abdullah, who was in the house when Mehbooba began her speech, left as the attack grew sharper and sharper.
He will reply on the debate on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology