One more arrested in Railway Board bribery case
Earlier on Saturday, two courier boys, who allegedly delivered Rs 90 lakh cash as bribe to Bansal's nephew, were arrested by the agency.
New Delhi: The CBI on Saturday arrested one more accused in the Railway bribery scandal involving nephew of Railway Minister PK Bansal and a Board member, taking the total number of arrests by the agency to seven. Rahul Yadav, one of the middlemen, named in the FIR, was arrested by the agency, CBI sources said.
Earlier on Saturday, two courier boys, who allegedly delivered Rs 90 lakh cash as bribe to Bansal's nephew for fixing the promotion of a Railway Board member, were arrested by the agency. So far seven persons, including Bansal's nephew Vijay Singla, Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar, middlemen Sandip Goyal and Manjunath, have been arrested in connection with the case.
Singla, who is a close aide of Bansal and was regularly seen in election campaigning alongside had allegedly demanded Rs 10 crore for getting Kumar posted as member (electrical) which is considered next to Railway Board chairman in hierarchy.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance