DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
One more arrested in Railway Board bribery case
Earlier on Saturday, two courier boys, who allegedly delivered Rs 90 lakh cash as bribe to Bansal's nephew, were arrested by the agency.
New Delhi: The CBI on Saturday arrested one more accused in the Railway bribery scandal involving nephew of Railway Minister PK Bansal and a Board member, taking the total number of arrests by the agency to seven. Rahul Yadav, one of the middlemen, named in the FIR, was arrested by the agency, CBI sources said.
Earlier on Saturday, two courier boys, who allegedly delivered Rs 90 lakh cash as bribe to Bansal's nephew for fixing the promotion of a Railway Board member, were arrested by the agency. So far seven persons, including Bansal's nephew Vijay Singla, Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar, middlemen Sandip Goyal and Manjunath, have been arrested in connection with the case.
Singla, who is a close aide of Bansal and was regularly seen in election campaigning alongside had allegedly demanded Rs 10 crore for getting Kumar posted as member (electrical) which is considered next to Railway Board chairman in hierarchy.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan