Only 'voices of ambition' coming from NDA: Congress
It is a strange situation that all the NDA allies are singing different tunes, says Manish Tewari.
New Delhi: The Congress hit out at the NDA over the issue of prime ministerial candidate, saying while UPA stood for serving the common masses, only individual "voices of ambition" were being heard from the BJP-led alliance on Thursday.
"It is a strange situation that all the NDA allies are singing different tunes. The crux is that on one hand there is UPA which has always held that the Indian people are served and on the other side there is NDA from which only the voices of ambition are heard," Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said.
"Now, it is for the people of the country to decide what is in public interest and what is in individual interest," he added.
In response to another question on reports that Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing 2002 Gujarat riot cases, might seek harshest possible sentence for convicted minister Maya Kodnani, Tewari in an apparent attack on Chief Minister Narendra Modi, said the persons under whose watch the incidents had happened had escaped culpability.
"What happens between a particular state government and the SIT is entirely their remit, however the one thing which has always intrigued us over all these years is that the person or the government under whose watch this pogrom took place in 2002 seems to have always escaped culpability," he said.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary