DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Opposition welcomes PM's announcement on JPC
Sushma Swaraj thanked the Prime Minister and said this is the victory of democracy.
New Delhi: The Opposition on Tuesday welcomed the Prime Minister's announcement for the government agreeing upon a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G scam.
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj thanked the Prime Minister for the announcement. "This is the victory of democracy," she said.
"It is the beauty of Indian democracy, that even in the difficult circumstances, we sit down and find the way. This time, it took some more time," she said.
Besides the Prime Minister, Swaraj thanked the Lok Sabha Speaker, Meira Kumar, Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal for the decision.
"I would like to tell Parliamentarians, let's drop the victory celebrations. We will start proceedings," said Swaraj.
Left parties said the Prime Minister has done a good thing. "Better to be late than never," they said.
JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav appreciated the announcement made by Manmohan Singh. "We appreciate the first step taken by the government," he said.
Yadav, however said that other issues including corruption in Commonwealth Games, S-band scam and Adarsh scam also need to be looked into.
(With additional information from IANS)
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise