Opposition welcomes PM's announcement on JPC
Sushma Swaraj thanked the Prime Minister and said this is the victory of democracy.
New Delhi: The Opposition on Tuesday welcomed the Prime Minister's announcement for the government agreeing upon a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G scam.
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj thanked the Prime Minister for the announcement. "This is the victory of democracy," she said.
"It is the beauty of Indian democracy, that even in the difficult circumstances, we sit down and find the way. This time, it took some more time," she said.
Besides the Prime Minister, Swaraj thanked the Lok Sabha Speaker, Meira Kumar, Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal for the decision.
"I would like to tell Parliamentarians, let's drop the victory celebrations. We will start proceedings," said Swaraj.
Left parties said the Prime Minister has done a good thing. "Better to be late than never," they said.
JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav appreciated the announcement made by Manmohan Singh. "We appreciate the first step taken by the government," he said.
Yadav, however said that other issues including corruption in Commonwealth Games, S-band scam and Adarsh scam also need to be looked into.
(With additional information from IANS)
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology