Six criminals arrested from Orissa MLA's house
The MLA defended himself by saying that he did not know the criminals.
Bhubaneswar: Six alleged criminals have been arrested from Orissa MLA Ramesh Chandra Jena's residence in Bhubaneswar. When police arrested these criminals after a brief encounter at a residential apartment in Bhubaneswar, the MLA who has criminal antecedents was also present in the flat.
When police surrounded the flat the criminals fired two rounds on the police in the presence of the MLA.
However, no one was injured in the encounter and after a long and heavy police deployment the criminals finally surrendered.
Bhubaneswar Police Commissioner BK Sharma told CNN-IBN that the criminals, who apparently belong to the MLA's constituency, were staying with the MLA in his flat for quite sometime.
But MLA defended himself by saying that he did not know the criminals.
"There has been attack on my life twice. These criminals might have come to kill me. I do not know them," said Jena.
The residents of the apartments claimed that the arrested criminals often visited the place with weapons.
The MLA, who belongs to the Congress and won the Assembly election from Sanakhemundi, is currently out on a bail from the Orissa High Court in a murder case.
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Held 1-1 by South Korea