Our ally betrayed us in Vidarbha elections: MPCC Chief
Manikrao Thakre said Congress is ready to face next general elections whenever they are announced.
Pune: In an apparent reference to NCP, Maharashtra PCC President Manikrao Thakre on Saturday said "an ally'' of Congress in the state had "betrayed" it during recent local self government elections held in Vidarbha. "The like-minded party, which is our ally, has betrayed us in the Vidarbha local body polls by backtracking on electoral understanding. They are our ally but they caused damage to us by the double-speak," Thakre alleged while addressing Congress workers at the Oratory Training workshop held at Balewadi Sports City near Pune.
Without naming the coalition partner NCP, the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee President hoped both the parties would work together with common ideology and such incidents would not recur. He said Congress is ready to face next general elections whenever they are announced.
Among those who attended the convention included state industry minister Narayan Rane and AICC observer in charge of Maharashtra Mohan Prakash.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right