Our ally betrayed us in Vidarbha elections: MPCC Chief
Manikrao Thakre said Congress is ready to face next general elections whenever they are announced.
Pune: In an apparent reference to NCP, Maharashtra PCC President Manikrao Thakre on Saturday said "an ally'' of Congress in the state had "betrayed" it during recent local self government elections held in Vidarbha. "The like-minded party, which is our ally, has betrayed us in the Vidarbha local body polls by backtracking on electoral understanding. They are our ally but they caused damage to us by the double-speak," Thakre alleged while addressing Congress workers at the Oratory Training workshop held at Balewadi Sports City near Pune.
Without naming the coalition partner NCP, the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee President hoped both the parties would work together with common ideology and such incidents would not recur. He said Congress is ready to face next general elections whenever they are announced.
Among those who attended the convention included state industry minister Narayan Rane and AICC observer in charge of Maharashtra Mohan Prakash.
- Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Key Moments of Her Life You Might Not be Aware of
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pak Approaches World Bank to Mediate Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz