Our leaders don't give hate speech, claim Shiv Sena, MNS
Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut said the Shiv Sena always spoke and attacked the enemies of this country.
Mumbai: Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray-led MNS on Monday claimed their leaders had never given hate speech and they only highlighted key issues of the day. "Shiv Sena never indulged in hate and inflammatory speeches. It is a patriotic party," Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Maintaining that it was Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi who had delivered inflammatory speeches, Raut rued that no action had been taken against the Andhra Pradesh legislator or his party till now.
"Shiv Sena always spoke and attacked the enemies of this country," said Raut, whose party has been in the past accused of indulging in minority-bashing.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Bala Nandgaonkar said, "We spoke on the real issues confronting the state."
Without naming any person or community, he asked "Who is responsible for the present situation in the country. From where does the criminals and terrorists come?"
"We never gave hate speeches," he claimed. Two days ago, MNS chief Raj Thackeray courted a fresh controversy by stating that "Bihari" migrants were responsible for the gangrape of the 23-year-old para-medical student in Delhi in December.
Last week, the Supreme Court sought a reply from the Election Commission on a plea seeking derecognition of Shiv Sena and MNS Sena as political parties for the alleged hate speeches delivered by their top leaders recently.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi