DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Over Rs 33 lakh seized during vehicle checks
The TN police on EC's directives is seizing money which could be used to influence voters.
Coimbatore: Over Rs 33 lakh alleged unaccounted money has been seized during intensified vehicle checks in Coimbatore and Tirupur districts of the state in the last 24 hours in the run up to the April 13 Assembly polls in Tamil Nadu, police said.
Acting on the Elections Commission's directive to seize money, which could possibly be used to influence voters, police seized Rs four lakh from two persons in a car on the Sulur-Palladam Road late last night.
Similarly Rs 5 lakh was recovered from a man riding a motorcycle on Pollachi-Palladam road early on Sunday. Though he claimed he was going to remit the money to a milk cooperative society, he had no proper documents to prove it, police said.
In two minor seizures near Pollachi, Rs 2 lakh was seized from a man and Rs 1.50 lakh from another person, they said.
A little over Rs 5.66 lakh was recovered from a copra dealer's car at Nallur checkpost in Tirupur District.
In the city, police seized Rs 7 lakh from a man who claimed the money was to purchase granite for construction of his house, while Rs 11.40 lakh was seized from two persons at Avanashipalayam, police added.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing