2005 protest case: Asaduddin Owaisi remanded to judicial custody
The MIM MP surrendered before court on Monday in connection with the case whereby he was accused of abusing a district collector.
Hyderabad: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MP Asaduddin Owaisi was on Monday remanded to judicial custody till February 2 after he surrendered before court in connection with the 2005 protest case. Owaisi moved for bail as soon as he surrendered. The hearing on his bail plea will be held on Tuesday.
Owaisi, along with his brother Akbaruddin and other MIM MLAs, had in 2005 obstructed a road widening project in the Medak district and threatened the then district collector with dire consequences after the police said that a place of worship had to be removed from the way.
The police booked the Owaisi brothers under Sections 147 (punishment for rioting) 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), 353 (assault on public servant obstruc-ting him of discharging duties), 290 (punishment for public nuisance), 295 (deliberate acts to outrage religious feelings) and 506 (criminal intimidation) among others.
They had surrendered once before in 2009 and got out on bail.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Virat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings