Hyd: MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack
He has been a admitted to the Owaisi Hospital in Santosh Nagar with grievous knife injuries.
New Delhi: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader and Andhra Pradesh legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi was attacked by unidentified persons in Hyderabad on Saturday.
The Chandrayangutta legislator is floor leader of the party in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
Akabaruddin, the brother of MIM President MP Assadudin Owaisi has been a admitted to the Owaisi Hospital in Santosh Nagar with grievous injuries.
The police are suspecting local political rivalry as the reason for the attack.
The incident took place when Owaisi was visiting his Chandrayangutta assembly constituency in the old city of Hyderabad.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets