Hyd: MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack
He has been a admitted to the Owaisi Hospital in Santosh Nagar with grievous knife injuries.
New Delhi: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader and Andhra Pradesh legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi was attacked by unidentified persons in Hyderabad on Saturday.
The Chandrayangutta legislator is floor leader of the party in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
Akabaruddin, the brother of MIM President MP Assadudin Owaisi has been a admitted to the Owaisi Hospital in Santosh Nagar with grievous injuries.
The police are suspecting local political rivalry as the reason for the attack.
The incident took place when Owaisi was visiting his Chandrayangutta assembly constituency in the old city of Hyderabad.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media