2005 protest case: MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi gets bail
He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Hyderabad: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MP Asaduddin Owaisi was granted bail by the Sangareddy court on Thursday in the 2005 protest case. He has now been asked to appear in court on February 2. He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Owaisi, along with his brother Akbaruddin and other MIM MLAs, had in 2005 obstructed a road widening project in the Medak district and threatened the then district collector with dire consequences after the police said that a place of worship had to be removed from the way.
The police booked the Owaisi brothers under Sections 147 (punishment for rioting) 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), 353 (assault on public servant obstructing him of discharging duties), 290 (punishment for public nuisance), 295 (deliberate acts to outrage religious feelings) and 506 (criminal intimidation) among others.
They had surrendered once before in 2009 and got out on bail.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18