DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2005 protest case: Court to hear Asaduddin Owaisi's bail plea
He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Hyderabad: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MP Asaduddin Owaisi's bail plea will be heard on Tuesday. He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Owaisi, along with his brother Akbaruddin and other MIM MLAs, had in 2005 obstructed a road widening project in the Medak district and threatened the then district collector with dire consequences after the police said that a place of worship had to be removed from the way.
The police booked the Owaisi brothers under Sections 147 (punishment for rioting) 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), 353 (assault on public servant obstruc-ting him of discharging duties), 290 (punishment for public nuisance), 295 (deliberate acts to outrage religious feelings) and 506 (criminal intimidation) among others.
They had surrendered once before in 2009 and got out on bail.
Meanwhile, Akbaruddin Owaisi's judicial custody has been extended till February 5 in the alleged hate speech case.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users