2005 protest case: Court to hear Asaduddin Owaisi's bail plea
He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Hyderabad: All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MP Asaduddin Owaisi's bail plea will be heard on Tuesday. He had surrendered in connection with a 2005 case and had been given 14 days of judicial remand till February 2.
Owaisi, along with his brother Akbaruddin and other MIM MLAs, had in 2005 obstructed a road widening project in the Medak district and threatened the then district collector with dire consequences after the police said that a place of worship had to be removed from the way.
The police booked the Owaisi brothers under Sections 147 (punishment for rioting) 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), 353 (assault on public servant obstruc-ting him of discharging duties), 290 (punishment for public nuisance), 295 (deliberate acts to outrage religious feelings) and 506 (criminal intimidation) among others.
They had surrendered once before in 2009 and got out on bail.
Meanwhile, Akbaruddin Owaisi's judicial custody has been extended till February 5 in the alleged hate speech case.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw