LS adjourned, uproar in RS over farmer deaths
3 killed when police fired at farmers protesting inadequate compensation against acquisition of land in an area bordering Aligarh and Mathura districts.
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday following protests by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Samajwadi Party members against the killing of two farmers in police firing in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura district.
Soon after the house assembled, the Opposition members moved towards Speaker Meira Kumar's podium and raised the issue, shouting slogans against the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government in Uttar Pradesh.
The speaker then adjourned the house till noon.
Three people were killed when police fired at farmers protesting inadequate compensation against acquisition of land in an area bordering Aligarh and Mathura districts. Land had been acquired for the 165-km long Yamuna expressway between Noida and Agra.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times