Parliament to be adjourned on Monday as tribute to Gujral
Inder Kumar Gujral breathed his last at a private hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana, on Friday.
New Delhi: Both houses of parliament will be adjourned for the day on Monday after paying tributes to former prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died on November 30. "Both houses will pay tributes to the former prime minister and will be adjourned for the day on Monday as a mark of respect to him," Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla said.
Gujral breathed his last at a private hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana, on Friday. He was 92. He was cremated on Saturday in Delhi with full state honours in the presence of the country's top leadership, including President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He is survived by two sons, Naresh and Vishal, and brother Satish Gujral, a prominent painter and architect. His wife Sheila died in 2011. Smriti Sthal, where the cremation took place, is located between Jawaharlal Nehru's 'samadhi' Shanti Van and Lal Bahadur Shastri's 'samadhi' Vijay Ghat. Diplomats from various countries, including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Singapore and Russia, were also present at the cremation.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology