Parties wrestle with candidates list for Karnataka polls
Karnataka BJP President said the party would complete the process of finalising the candidates by March 28 or 29.
Bangalore: Facing hectic lobbying and intra-group pressures, ruling BJP in Karnataka and its main rival Congress on Tuesday continued to wrestle with the lists of probable candidates for the May five Assembly polls.
As BJP went through the exercise here, state Congress leaders, including KPCC President G Parameshwar, were camping in Delhi looking for a direction from the party high command. Karnataka BJP President Prahlad Joshi said the party was continuing its "home work" and would complete the process of finalising the candidates by March 28 or 29.
Joshi, who last week took over as state BJP chief, said most of the sitting MLAs would get tickets. Once the list is prepared here, it would be sent to central leadership for its approval.
BJP's exercise comes even as it is facing a dilemma over certain fence-sitters who are expected to desert the party and join hands with former party strongman and former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, Deputy Chief Ministers R Ashok and KS Eshwarappa and party General Secretary HN Ananth Kumar were engaged in the selection process.
For Congress which is hoping to stage a comeback to power, it has been a tough exercise with ticket aspirants flocking to Delhi in droves and putting pressure to stake their claim. The leaders too are lobbying hard for their candidates.
Yeddyurappa-led KJP has announced the first list of candidates while another key player JD(S) is expected to come out with its names by month-end.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent