Party to decide my future, says Patiala's ex-mayor
Pardhan's daughter-in-law Parampreet Kaur died under mysterious circumstances on February 23, 2013 at her in-laws house.
Patiala: Former Mayor of Patiala Municipal Corporation Jaspal Singh Pardhan, who was given a clean chit by Special Investigation Team (SIT) in a murder case, on Sunday said his future would be decided by the party high command. Addressing a news conference in Patiala at his residence, he said that he had resigned on the moral grounds after party high command has asked him to do.
Pardhan's daughter-in-law Parampreet Kaur died under mysterious circumstances on February 23, 2013 at her in-laws house. Later, the Patiala Police had registered a case against the mayor, his second wife Paramjeet Kaur and son Harpreet Singh under the relevant sections of IPC on the basis of a statement by Amarjeet Singh, the father of the victim. Under pressure from the SAD leadership, Pardhan had to resign on February 26, 2013.
However, the SIT gave a clean chit to him due to "circumstantial evidences". On being asked about his reclaim for the mayor post, the election for which would be held on April 2, 2013, after his clean chit, he said will not ask for any favour from the high command. However, the SAD leader added if the party ask him to take the responsibility, he will not shirk it.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System