Party to decide my future, says Patiala's ex-mayor
Pardhan's daughter-in-law Parampreet Kaur died under mysterious circumstances on February 23, 2013 at her in-laws house.
Patiala: Former Mayor of Patiala Municipal Corporation Jaspal Singh Pardhan, who was given a clean chit by Special Investigation Team (SIT) in a murder case, on Sunday said his future would be decided by the party high command. Addressing a news conference in Patiala at his residence, he said that he had resigned on the moral grounds after party high command has asked him to do.
Pardhan's daughter-in-law Parampreet Kaur died under mysterious circumstances on February 23, 2013 at her in-laws house. Later, the Patiala Police had registered a case against the mayor, his second wife Paramjeet Kaur and son Harpreet Singh under the relevant sections of IPC on the basis of a statement by Amarjeet Singh, the father of the victim. Under pressure from the SAD leadership, Pardhan had to resign on February 26, 2013.
However, the SIT gave a clean chit to him due to "circumstantial evidences". On being asked about his reclaim for the mayor post, the election for which would be held on April 2, 2013, after his clean chit, he said will not ask for any favour from the high command. However, the SAD leader added if the party ask him to take the responsibility, he will not shirk it.
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18