DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pass Cabinet resolution on Rajiv convicts: Karuna
TN Assembly adopted a unanimous resolution on August 30, urging the President to reconsider the mercy petitions.
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday said that the ruling AIADMK should pass 'on humanitarian grounds' a resolution at its cabinet meeting urging the President to reconsider clemency petitions of the three death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case and forward it to Governor K Rosaiah.
The government, he said, should not think its job was over just by passing a unanimous resolution in the Assembly.
"On humanitarian grounds, a similar resolution should be passed at the cabinet meeting, which must be sent to Governor Rosaiah. Steps should be taken to ensure the three death row convicts are released," he said in a piece in party organ 'Murasoli'.
Tamil Nadu Assembly adopted a unanimous resolution on August 30, urging the President to reconsider the mercy petitions of Santhan, Perarivalan and Murugan.
"Though the nature of the crime committed by them is huge, steps should be taken to release them as they have already spent more than 20 years in jail," he said.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings