Paswan comes out in support of Rahul
Paswan sought to draw parallels between the farmers' agitation in Singur in WB and the one in Greater Noida.
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday came out strongly in support of Rahul Gandhi over his remarks on atrocities against farmers in Bhatta Parsaul village in Greater Noida and attacked BJP for 'cornering' a 'responsible' person.
"We condemn this all round attack on Rahul Gandhi by political parties including BJP and BSP. Gandhi is being attacked to divert attention from the main issue of atrocities on farmers there (Bhatta Parsaul).
I was prevented from visiting the village by the UP government. A number of leaders of other political parties had gone there and villagers have told most of the leaders about these things. BJP is attacking Rahul Gandhi as it is afraid that Congress could walk away with the entire credit for leading agitation against farmers," Paswan told PTI.
The LJP chief said that villagers have told even his partymen that a number of farmers were missing and it needed to be found out what had happened to them.
Asked about Gandhi's claim that bones were found in ashes there, Paswan said, "When such an issue had come in public domain and even villagers are saying that farmers were missing, who knows what has taken place there?"
He said that the Uttar Pradesh government should agree to a judicial inquiry into the incident to remove doubts from peoples' mind. Paswan said that the Centre should also do all it can do to bring out the truth.
Paswan also sought to draw parallels between the farmers' agitation in Singur in West Bengal and the one in Greater Noida.
Attacking Mayawati government over the issue, he said, "The UP government is buying farmers' land on dirt cheap prices and selling it to businessmen at a premium and that is leading to all this tension."
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN