Pawar defends state minister on photos with dead animals
State School Education Minister Fauzia Khan has denied that she herself had killed those animals.
Thane: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in Thane on Sunday defended state School Education Minister and his party colleague Fauzia Khan with regard to controversial pictures showing her with hunted animals.
When asked about it, Pawar said Khan had posed with stuffed carcasses, and there was nothing wrong in it. Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP have targeted Khan over the pictures from her South Africa trip of six months ago.
Khan has denied that she herself had killed those animals. Pawar said it was normal to find people posing with stuffed animals kept in hotels in foreign countries. But to kill an animal and pose with the carcass was certainly not acceptable, he added.
- Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Key Moments of Her Life You Might Not be Aware of
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years