Pawar rules out formation of Third Front for LS polls
Pawar said that his meeting (with Mulayam) should not be linked with the much talked about Third Front.
Nagpur: Union Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar on Sunday ruled out the formation of a Third Front for the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. "There is no possibility of a Third Front as talked about by Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh," Pawar, who is the Union minister for Agriculture, told reporters at Wardha near Nagpur.
When asked about his recent meeting with Mulayam Singh, Pawar said that not much importance should be given to such meetings. "We keep on meeting leaders of various political parties and my meeting (with Mulayam) should not be linked with the much talked about Third Front," he clarified.
Mulayam Singh had recently talked about formation of such a front. "A Third Front will emerge. Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," he had said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology