Pawar violated code of conduct, says BJP
The complaint has been received from Solapur BJP President Rajkumar Patil.
Solapur: The BJP on Tuesday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against Union Minister and NCP President Sharad Pawar, accusing him of violating the model code of conduct while addressing rallies in .
Jagdish Patil, District Collector and Returning Officer of Madha Lok Sabha constituency, from where Pawar is a candidate, said that the complaint has been received from Solapur BJP President Rajkumar Patil.
In his complaint, Jagdish Patil said Pawar, speaking at a public meeting, assured of loan waiver scheme for various backward communities.
At another rally, the NCP chief assured the shepherd community that it would be included in the list of Scheduled Castes.
These two announcements amounted to violation of the model code of conduct which is in force for the April-May Lok Sabha elections, the BJP leader said.
Pawar is touring Madha, a newly carved Lok Sabha seat, for the last few days. The constituency is spread over Solapur and Satara districts in Western Maharashtra.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"