'Pawars were in the loop about irrigation white paper'
Ajit Pawar on Sunday had claimed that allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the 'coalgate'.
Pune: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the decision to issue a white paper on the state irrigation department's projects was taken after consultations with NCP president Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Praful Patel and also Ajit Pawar.
"A discussion was held with Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel and Ajit Pawar on what is to be done in the matter," Chavan told reporters in Pune, when asked on his former deputy Ajit Pawar's reported statement that why only irrigation department was being singled out, since other ministries too were involved in implementation of the projects.
"It will not be proper to make a public comment on the issue," he added.
Chavan also refused to comment on Ajit Pawar's statement that the allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the "coalgate" scam.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer