'Pawars were in the loop about irrigation white paper'
Ajit Pawar on Sunday had claimed that allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the 'coalgate'.
Pune: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the decision to issue a white paper on the state irrigation department's projects was taken after consultations with NCP president Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Praful Patel and also Ajit Pawar.
"A discussion was held with Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel and Ajit Pawar on what is to be done in the matter," Chavan told reporters in Pune, when asked on his former deputy Ajit Pawar's reported statement that why only irrigation department was being singled out, since other ministries too were involved in implementation of the projects.
"It will not be proper to make a public comment on the issue," he added.
Chavan also refused to comment on Ajit Pawar's statement that the allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the "coalgate" scam.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology