DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Pawars were in the loop about irrigation white paper'
Ajit Pawar on Sunday had claimed that allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the 'coalgate'.
Pune: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the decision to issue a white paper on the state irrigation department's projects was taken after consultations with NCP president Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Praful Patel and also Ajit Pawar.
"A discussion was held with Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel and Ajit Pawar on what is to be done in the matter," Chavan told reporters in Pune, when asked on his former deputy Ajit Pawar's reported statement that why only irrigation department was being singled out, since other ministries too were involved in implementation of the projects.
"It will not be proper to make a public comment on the issue," he added.
Chavan also refused to comment on Ajit Pawar's statement that the allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the "coalgate" scam.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere