PC thinks the entire country is full of fools: Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal accused Chidambaram of first allowing the CBI to raid Stalin and then expressing his displeasure.
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday raided DMK chief M Karunanidhi's son MK Stalin's house in connection with alleged illegal import of cars just two days after his party quit the UPA over the government's refusal to take a strong stand against Sri Lanka at the UNHRC in Geneva.
The raids were called off following apolitical uproar and after Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Finance Minister P Chidambaram expressed their displeasure over the agency's action. Chidambaram said that raids were not right and wound give a wrong message.
Reacting to the CBI raids, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal said that Chidambaram thinks that he is very intelligent and considers the entire country is full of fools. Kejriwal accused Chidambaram of first allowing the CBI to raid Stalin and then expressing his displeasure.
BJP said the raids have sent out a message that if allies were with the government they would face no trouble, but if they went against it then the CBI would be used to harass. BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said the message is not only for the DMK, but it is for all the UPA partners and accused the Congress of using the CBI for securing majority.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?