Coalgate: CBI files PE into allocations since 1993
The Coal Ministry is expected to provide all relevant data and list of officials and ministers involved in the process at all levels.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday filed a preliminary enquiry in the coal blocks allocations since 1993. The central investigative agency will now study each and every allotment since 1993 and question the directors of companies and the then bureaucrats of Central and state government about the coal blocks.
The Coal Ministry is expected to provide all relevant data and list of officials and ministers involved in the process at all levels. Files and details of companies and officials who played a part in the allocation process will also be requisitioned during the enquiry.
Only after the preliminary enquiry is complete, will the CBI decide on proceeding further and taking up the probe formally.
The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) had on Monday asked the CBI to probe all coal block allocations since 1993 while forwarding a letter by Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal.
Seeking a CBI probe, Jaiswal had also recently forwarded a letter written by seven parliamentarians to the CVC saying that blocks allotted between 1993 and 2004 including those given during the NDA rule should be investigated by the CBI, as favours were allegedly done to parties under political pressure.
The letter of MPs also sought for enquiry as to what system the Government of India put in place for selection of companies for coal block allocation between 1993 to 2004 and whether these guidelines were followed and how were joint venture partners selected.
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats For Women Rights, Slams Triple Talaq
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking