People came on streets for a jokepal? Kejriwal
Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office, Arvind Kejriwal tweeted on Friday.
New Delhi: Team Anna is reaching out to the members of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill to ensure that their concerns are addressed in the recommendations they will be sending.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal has held meetings with LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan, Shailendra Kumar and S Semmalai among others in the past few days.
Sources said Kejriwal has been urging the members for including their demand of putting CBI's anti-corruption wing as well as all government employees under the ambit of Lokpal.
"Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office. It will forward complaints to CBI for investigations and forward CBI's report to court. Do we need such a clerical role for Lokpal? Did lakhs of people come on streets for a jokepal?" Kejriwal tweeted on Friday.
Paswan, who had a meeting with Kejriwal earlier in the day, said that he has categorically told Team Anna that he will not support any move to bring the prime minister under the ambit of Lokpal.
"The prime minister cannot be exposed to competitive politics. We have a hostile neighbourhood and we cannot have our prime minister under scanner always," he said.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology