People came on streets for a jokepal? Kejriwal
Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office, Arvind Kejriwal tweeted on Friday.
New Delhi: Team Anna is reaching out to the members of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill to ensure that their concerns are addressed in the recommendations they will be sending.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal has held meetings with LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan, Shailendra Kumar and S Semmalai among others in the past few days.
Sources said Kejriwal has been urging the members for including their demand of putting CBI's anti-corruption wing as well as all government employees under the ambit of Lokpal.
"Without CBI, Lokpal would be a post office. It will forward complaints to CBI for investigations and forward CBI's report to court. Do we need such a clerical role for Lokpal? Did lakhs of people come on streets for a jokepal?" Kejriwal tweeted on Friday.
Paswan, who had a meeting with Kejriwal earlier in the day, said that he has categorically told Team Anna that he will not support any move to bring the prime minister under the ambit of Lokpal.
"The prime minister cannot be exposed to competitive politics. We have a hostile neighbourhood and we cannot have our prime minister under scanner always," he said.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp