DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Modi's fast is a political drama: Congress
Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil also said the arrest of activists outside Godhra shows Modi's dictatorial approach.
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday slammed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's Godhra fast calling it a 'political drama'. Gujarat Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil also accused Modi of wasting public money in his fasts.
"This is a political drama. Modi is wasting public money. Why is he not visiting any riot victims," Gohil questioned.
Reacting to the arrest of six activists protesting against Modi's fast, Gohil said, "The arrest of activists outside Godhra shows Modi's dictatorial approach."
As Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has begun his day-long fast in Godhra, activist Shabnam Hashmi and five others have been arrested on the outskirts of Godhra as they had planned to hold a parallel 'sammelan' to Modi's fast.
Congress leader and former Chief Minister Shankarsingh Vaghela will also counter that fast with one of his own.
The Gujarat Chief Minister's fast at Godhra is part of his 'Sadbhavana' mission and it is his 23rd fast.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet