'Pinarayi trying to sabotage TP murder case'
The Kerala Home Minister claimed that Pinarayi was scared of the impartial investigation in the case.
Thrissur: Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said on Tuesday that the CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan is trying to sabotage the TP Chandrasekharan murder case by intimidating the officials investigating the case.
He was responding to Vijayan's earlier statement that the UDF government's days were numbered and that there would be some crucial changes in the sate politics after the Neyyattinkara bypoll.
Speaking to reporters after inaugurating the passing-out parade ceremony of the jail wardens at the Viyyur Central Prison in Thrissur, he said that Vijayan scared of the impartial investigation being carried out by the state police. That was why he said that the downfall of the UDF government was imminent, said the minister.
It is not right to blame or question the investigation proceedings without proper evidence, he said. If he has any evidence regarding extremist links in the plot, he can hand it over to the investigating officers, the minister said adding that only after the culprits are nabbed, it would become clear that whether the murder was political or or not.
Steps to upgrade the Thrissur sub-jail to a district jail have been completed, the minister said while speaking to the 57 wardens in the academy.
A district jail in Thrissur is a long-pending demand of the people's representatives from the district. So the government has decided to upgrade the existing sub-jail, he said.
To better the working conditions and safety of the jail, the government has decided to install an array of surveillance equipment, including security cameras, in other important jails in the state along the lines of the Central Prison at Poojapura, he said.
The government has also decided to post a special development officer in the Thrissur jail to carry out a Rs 20-crore development works, he added. The work on the new high-security jail will begin soon, he added. Additional Director General of Police (Prisons) Alexander Jacob, PA Madhavan MLA and DIG Joseph Thomas spoke on the occasion.
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP