Plane with UP minister on board skids off runway
Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Yadav was on board the plane when it landed on its nose at the Delhi airport.
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday had a miraculous escape when a small plane carrying him skidded off the runway after landing at the IGI airport in Delhi.
The incident took place at around 12 noon when the plane skidded off the runway after landing and the nose-wheel got stuck in mud, airport sources said.
The plane with six people on board, including Yadav and two pilots, was arriving from Lucknow.
The minister and his co-passengers were taken to the medical facility at the airport where they underwent treatment for minor injuries, the sources said.
The aircraft is owned by the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh