DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM includes Praful in GoM on corruption issue
Sources said Praful Patel was nominated in the important GoM by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh a few days back.
New Delhi: Senior NCP leader Praful Patel has been included in the Group of Ministers to tackle corruption, a development which assumes significance against the backdrop of recent complaint by the UPA ally that its voice was not being heard in Government functioning.
Patel was nominated in the important GoM by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh a few days back, sources told PTI in New Delhi.
However, he did not attend the first meeting of the GoM in New Delhi on Monday under its new chairman Defence Minister AK Antony.
Patel's nomination assumes significance as the NCP had last week gone public over its unhappiness with the Government saying that voice of UPA allies was being ignored in the functioning of the Government.
Earlier, NCP chief and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar was also the member of the GoM to tackle corruption but he quit it last year after social activist Anna Hazare's attack on his membership of the anti-corruption panel.
Hazare had said that "A minister like Sharad Pawar, who is known for possessing large amounts of land in Maharashtra, is heading a committee that will draft the Bill."
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande