PM, Mamata to be on same dais today at Science Congress
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance.
Kolkata: The centenary session of the 100th Science Congress tomorrow will bring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the same dais a little over three months after the Trinamool Congress dumped the UPA over FDI in multi-brand retail.
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance. "I think it is a routine function. Nothing very politically significant with it. PM is going in his own right and so also the chief minister," he said.
President Pranab Mukherjee would inaugurate the five-day meet which would be attended by a host of foreign delegates, Nobel laureates and Indian scientists. The Trinamool Congress' six ministers submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on September 21 bringing to an end a bitter relationship between the Congress and Mamata Banerjee, the TMC chairperson.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her