DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM, Mamata to be on same dais today at Science Congress
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance.
Kolkata: The centenary session of the 100th Science Congress tomorrow will bring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the same dais a little over three months after the Trinamool Congress dumped the UPA over FDI in multi-brand retail.
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance. "I think it is a routine function. Nothing very politically significant with it. PM is going in his own right and so also the chief minister," he said.
President Pranab Mukherjee would inaugurate the five-day meet which would be attended by a host of foreign delegates, Nobel laureates and Indian scientists. The Trinamool Congress' six ministers submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on September 21 bringing to an end a bitter relationship between the Congress and Mamata Banerjee, the TMC chairperson.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan