PM, Mamata to be on same dais today at Science Congress
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance.
Kolkata: The centenary session of the 100th Science Congress tomorrow will bring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the same dais a little over three months after the Trinamool Congress dumped the UPA over FDI in multi-brand retail.
A senior TMC leader and former union minister Saugata Roy, however, brushed aside any political significance. "I think it is a routine function. Nothing very politically significant with it. PM is going in his own right and so also the chief minister," he said.
President Pranab Mukherjee would inaugurate the five-day meet which would be attended by a host of foreign delegates, Nobel laureates and Indian scientists. The Trinamool Congress' six ministers submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on September 21 bringing to an end a bitter relationship between the Congress and Mamata Banerjee, the TMC chairperson.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!