PM Modi Hails BJP's Gujarat Poll Results; Says It Shows People Against Corruption
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said BJP's performance in Parliamentary, Assembly and local polls across India over the last few days illustrates that people want all-round progress and will not tolerate corruption and misgovernance.
"Over the last few days we have seen the results of various polls, Parliamentary, Assembly & local polls across India," Modi tweeted.
"Be it the Northeast, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat... BJP has performed very well. I thank the people," he added.
He said these results across India "illustrate that people want all-round progress of the nation and will not tolerate corruption and misgovernance."
BJP won one Lok Sabha seat each in Assam and Madhya Pradesh besides bagging a number of assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh.
The party also emerged victorious in local bodies polls in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Referring to his home state, the Prime Minister said, "I salute people of Gujarat for continued trust in BJP. BJP's great win in local polls shows people's strong faith in development politics."
He congratulated party cadres of the state along with Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and state BJP chief Jitu Vaghani for their hard work across the state.
Modi had yesterday hailed the party's performance in local bodies polls in Maharashtra.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th episode featuring Salman, Arbaaz and Sohail is going to 'Khantastic'
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet