PM Modi 'Spreading Lies' on Demonetisation: Mamata Banerjee
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee at a press conference. (Image: PTI)
Kolkata: Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "spreading lies" on the demonetisation issue, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed that Rs 1.28 lakh crore have been lost forever due to the scrapping of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
"Shocking that Rs 1.28 lakh crore have been lost forever due to note-ban only in 'transactions' in the country, says CMIE, top research body. World-famous Moody's says 'note ban will badly disrupt economic activity'," Banerjee said in a statement here.
"Common people are suffering miserably while Modi Ji is relaxing and spreading lies," she said.
Claiming that the Opposition has united in the movement against demonetisation, Banerjee yesterday said any movement was bound to succeed if people were involved in a massive way.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- HIL 2017: Nikkin's Late Goal Earns 3-3 Draw for Dabang Mumbai in Opener
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- IPL Experience Helped Me Bowl in Death Overs: Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More