PM Modi 'Spreading Lies' on Demonetisation: Mamata Banerjee
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee at a press conference. (Image: PTI)
Kolkata: Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "spreading lies" on the demonetisation issue, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed that Rs 1.28 lakh crore have been lost forever due to the scrapping of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
"Shocking that Rs 1.28 lakh crore have been lost forever due to note-ban only in 'transactions' in the country, says CMIE, top research body. World-famous Moody's says 'note ban will badly disrupt economic activity'," Banerjee said in a statement here.
"Common people are suffering miserably while Modi Ji is relaxing and spreading lies," she said.
Claiming that the Opposition has united in the movement against demonetisation, Banerjee yesterday said any movement was bound to succeed if people were involved in a massive way.
Recommended For You
- Eoin Morgan Defends Dropping Himself for South Africa Finale
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party