PM Narendra Modi Meets Mulayam, Akhilesh Yadav at Oath Taking
PM Narendra Modi with Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav (Photot;' Pankaj Tomar/ Network18)
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a brief chat with Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav and outgoing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday.
While both Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh mingled with BJP leaders on the dais, when Modi arrived, he met a few BJP leaders and took a chair next to Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
After the ceremony in which 44 ministers were sworn in, Modi got up and waved to the thousands gathered to witness the return of the Bharatiya Janata Party to power in the state after a gap of 14 years.
As Modi was about to leave, Mulayam Singh rushed towards him and patted him on the back.
Modi immediately smiled and warmly shook Mulayam Singh's hands. The Yadav chieftain then took Modi to his son Akhilesh Yadav.
The Prime Minister patted the back of the former Chief Minister.
Mulayam Singh then whispered something into Modi's ear after which the Prime Minister broke into a hearty laugh. BJP President Amit Shah briefly joined them.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams - Listen To First Song Of The Movie
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- New Maruti Suzuki DZire to Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- IPL 2017: MI vs RPS - Star of the Match - Ben Stokes
- IPL 2017: This is Why Kohli Was Furious After Getting Dismissed