PM Narendra Modi Meets Mulayam, Akhilesh Yadav at Oath Taking
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a brief chat with Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav and outgoing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday.
PM Narendra Modi with Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav (Photot;' Pankaj Tomar/ Network18)
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a brief chat with Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav and outgoing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday.
While both Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh mingled with BJP leaders on the dais, when Modi arrived, he met a few BJP leaders and took a chair next to Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
After the ceremony in which 44 ministers were sworn in, Modi got up and waved to the thousands gathered to witness the return of the Bharatiya Janata Party to power in the state after a gap of 14 years.
As Modi was about to leave, Mulayam Singh rushed towards him and patted him on the back.
Modi immediately smiled and warmly shook Mulayam Singh's hands. The Yadav chieftain then took Modi to his son Akhilesh Yadav.
The Prime Minister patted the back of the former Chief Minister.
Mulayam Singh then whispered something into Modi's ear after which the Prime Minister broke into a hearty laugh. BJP President Amit Shah briefly joined them.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Big Win: 7 Other Films That Overcame The Hurdles of Partial or Complete Ban
- Man Wears 'All' His Clothes To Avoid Baggage Fee, Gets Barred From 2 Flights
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks Spectacular As A Bride In This Viral Post; See Pics
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods