PM should adopt a ruthless stand on LoC killings: Gadkari
The BJP president said that Pakistan had violated human rights and international norms with the recent ceasefire violations.
Pune: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said the UPA government and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should adopt a "ruthless stand" on Pakistan's recent ceasefire violations on the LoC and the killing and decapitation of Indian soldiers. Stating that Pakistan had violated human rights and international norms, Gadkari said, "People of this country are angry and the government and Prime Minister should take a ruthless stand in the matter."
Gadkari, who spoke to reporters on the sidelines of a function organised by the Symbiosis Institute at its campus at Lavale, near Pune, said that it was expected that Pakistan would regret its action, but it did not happen as it continued to be in the denial mode. He said the dialogue with Pakistan would be an exercise in futility after the recent episode.
Since Pakistan had violated international norms, the issue was not just confined to the two nations, Gadkari said adding that the UN should "boycott" Pakistan. Earlier, addressing the students, the BJP president said if "good" people joined politics, it would enhance the "credibility" of the political parties and bring about a qualitative change in them.
Participating in the 'Festival of Thinkers' programme, Gadkari said the bureaucratic and rigid mindset of the government should change to facilitate fast developmental process in the country.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades