PM Should Participate in Demonetisation Debate: Rahul Gandhi
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi participate in the debate over demonetisation in the parliament.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi addresses media on Wednesday.
New Delhi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi participate in the debate over demonetisation in the parliament.
"Sometimes he laughs and sometimes he cries outside the parliament. The Prime Minister should come to the House and participate in the debate," Gandhi told the media.
He said that Modi attended Rajya Sabha proceedings on Thursday but did not participate in the debate on the November 8 move to demonetise Rs 500 and 1,000 notes.
Opposition parties have consistently been demanding that for parliament to function, the Prime Minister should be present during the debate on demonetisation.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I in Centurion: Team India Report Card
- From Rolls-Royce to Porsche - Here's a Look at All the Cars Owned by Nirav Modi
- Watch Video : Baaghi 2 Trailer's Honest Reaction
- Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber Splash Romance All Over the Streets of Jamaica, See Pics
- Jeet Raval's Straight Drive Ricochets Off Bowler's Head for a Six