PM should resign: VHP on Ramdev issue
Togadiya said that it is an attack on Hinduism and suitable action should be taken against it.
Banaskantha: Describing the crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his followers as an "attack on Hinduism", Vishwa Hindu Parishad's international general secretary, Pravin Togadiya, on Sunday demanded resignation of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Speaking to media persons in Siddhpur town of Patan district, Togadiya said, "It is an attack on Hinduism -- it needs suitable action by the people."
"It was not a swoop on Baba Ramdev and his supporters, but a direct attack on the faith of millions of Hindus living across the glob," he said.
"An apology is not enough. Prime Minster Manmohan Singh must resign," Togadiya demanded.
He said VHP would soon declare future action on the issue. When asked what would be the dimension and the nature of VHP's response, Togadiya said, "Soon a meeting of our religious heads and Sadhus will be held, and the future course
of action would be decided."
"The hunger strike against corruption launched by Baba Ramdev and thousands of his supporters was legal and held with the permission of the Government," the VHP leader added.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- 'Ironclad'. Yes, That's How Pentagon Sees US-Philippines Alliance
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18