PM should resign: VHP on Ramdev issue
Togadiya said that it is an attack on Hinduism and suitable action should be taken against it.
Banaskantha: Describing the crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his followers as an "attack on Hinduism", Vishwa Hindu Parishad's international general secretary, Pravin Togadiya, on Sunday demanded resignation of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Speaking to media persons in Siddhpur town of Patan district, Togadiya said, "It is an attack on Hinduism -- it needs suitable action by the people."
"It was not a swoop on Baba Ramdev and his supporters, but a direct attack on the faith of millions of Hindus living across the glob," he said.
"An apology is not enough. Prime Minster Manmohan Singh must resign," Togadiya demanded.
He said VHP would soon declare future action on the issue. When asked what would be the dimension and the nature of VHP's response, Togadiya said, "Soon a meeting of our religious heads and Sadhus will be held, and the future course
of action would be decided."
"The hunger strike against corruption launched by Baba Ramdev and thousands of his supporters was legal and held with the permission of the Government," the VHP leader added.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology