DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM should resign: VHP on Ramdev issue
Togadiya said that it is an attack on Hinduism and suitable action should be taken against it.
Banaskantha: Describing the crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his followers as an "attack on Hinduism", Vishwa Hindu Parishad's international general secretary, Pravin Togadiya, on Sunday demanded resignation of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Speaking to media persons in Siddhpur town of Patan district, Togadiya said, "It is an attack on Hinduism -- it needs suitable action by the people."
"It was not a swoop on Baba Ramdev and his supporters, but a direct attack on the faith of millions of Hindus living across the glob," he said.
"An apology is not enough. Prime Minster Manmohan Singh must resign," Togadiya demanded.
He said VHP would soon declare future action on the issue. When asked what would be the dimension and the nature of VHP's response, Togadiya said, "Soon a meeting of our religious heads and Sadhus will be held, and the future course
of action would be decided."
"The hunger strike against corruption launched by Baba Ramdev and thousands of his supporters was legal and held with the permission of the Government," the VHP leader added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet