PM should resign: VHP on Ramdev issue
Togadiya said that it is an attack on Hinduism and suitable action should be taken against it.
Banaskantha: Describing the crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his followers as an "attack on Hinduism", Vishwa Hindu Parishad's international general secretary, Pravin Togadiya, on Sunday demanded resignation of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Speaking to media persons in Siddhpur town of Patan district, Togadiya said, "It is an attack on Hinduism -- it needs suitable action by the people."
"It was not a swoop on Baba Ramdev and his supporters, but a direct attack on the faith of millions of Hindus living across the glob," he said.
"An apology is not enough. Prime Minster Manmohan Singh must resign," Togadiya demanded.
He said VHP would soon declare future action on the issue. When asked what would be the dimension and the nature of VHP's response, Togadiya said, "Soon a meeting of our religious heads and Sadhus will be held, and the future course
of action would be decided."
"The hunger strike against corruption launched by Baba Ramdev and thousands of his supporters was legal and held with the permission of the Government," the VHP leader added.
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18