PM to support Mamata government on all fronts: Congress
The WB Congress chief said he apprised the PM about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
Kolkata: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday pledged to "fully support" the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal on all fronts, state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said.
"The prime minister assured us that the centre would fully support the state government on all fronts," Bhattacharya said after meeting the Prime Minister, who was in Kolkata to attend an Indian Science Congress meet.
Bhattacharya quoted Manmohan Singh as saying: "We cannot allow the state's condition to become bad."
Bhattacharya said he apprised the Prime Minister about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology