PM to support Mamata government on all fronts: Congress
The WB Congress chief said he apprised the PM about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
Kolkata: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday pledged to "fully support" the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal on all fronts, state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said.
"The prime minister assured us that the centre would fully support the state government on all fronts," Bhattacharya said after meeting the Prime Minister, who was in Kolkata to attend an Indian Science Congress meet.
Bhattacharya quoted Manmohan Singh as saying: "We cannot allow the state's condition to become bad."
Bhattacharya said he apprised the Prime Minister about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands