PM to support Mamata government on all fronts: Congress
The WB Congress chief said he apprised the PM about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
Kolkata: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday pledged to "fully support" the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal on all fronts, state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said.
"The prime minister assured us that the centre would fully support the state government on all fronts," Bhattacharya said after meeting the Prime Minister, who was in Kolkata to attend an Indian Science Congress meet.
Bhattacharya quoted Manmohan Singh as saying: "We cannot allow the state's condition to become bad."
Bhattacharya said he apprised the Prime Minister about the state government's inability to spend central funds for different developmental schemes.
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Why This Surgical Strike Across LoC Changes Indo-Pak Nuclear Red Lines
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif