DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM's stand on reforming economy not clear: Joshi
The Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions.
Varanasi: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not clearly spelt out if the measures discussed at the G20 summit in Mexico to reform the turmoil-hit global economy can be implemented in India.
"The world economy is going through a bad phase and the G-20 summit in Los Cabos is centered around it. However, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's stand is not clear on the issue. He has not clarified what steps will be taken to implement the measures discussed at the summit in India," Joshi said.
He said several steps were taken to strengthen the economy by banking institutions and economists, however, they fell flat.
Earlier, the Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions, including on controlling subsidies, to reverse the expansion of the fiscal deficit, even as he expressed confidence of bringing back the rhythm of high growth of 8-9 per cent per annum.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory