PM's stand on reforming economy not clear: Joshi
The Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions.
Varanasi: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not clearly spelt out if the measures discussed at the G20 summit in Mexico to reform the turmoil-hit global economy can be implemented in India.
"The world economy is going through a bad phase and the G-20 summit in Los Cabos is centered around it. However, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's stand is not clear on the issue. He has not clarified what steps will be taken to implement the measures discussed at the summit in India," Joshi said.
He said several steps were taken to strengthen the economy by banking institutions and economists, however, they fell flat.
Earlier, the Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions, including on controlling subsidies, to reverse the expansion of the fiscal deficit, even as he expressed confidence of bringing back the rhythm of high growth of 8-9 per cent per annum.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More