PM's stand on reforming economy not clear: Joshi
The Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions.
Varanasi: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not clearly spelt out if the measures discussed at the G20 summit in Mexico to reform the turmoil-hit global economy can be implemented in India.
"The world economy is going through a bad phase and the G-20 summit in Los Cabos is centered around it. However, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's stand is not clear on the issue. He has not clarified what steps will be taken to implement the measures discussed at the summit in India," Joshi said.
He said several steps were taken to strengthen the economy by banking institutions and economists, however, they fell flat.
Earlier, the Prime Minister in the G20 summit had said his government is determined to take "tough" decisions, including on controlling subsidies, to reverse the expansion of the fiscal deficit, even as he expressed confidence of bringing back the rhythm of high growth of 8-9 per cent per annum.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan