Police Arrest Two People Spreading Rumours on Jayalalithaa's Health
File photo of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Chennai: Two persons, who allegedly circulated rumours on social networking sites on the health status of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, have been arrested, police said on Thursday.
Police have warned of stern action against those spreading rumours on the health of Jayalalitha, who is undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital here, and have registered 43 cases so far. Already, two persons have been arrested for spreading such rumours.
28-year-old, Mani Selvam, a bank employee, hailing from Ottapidaram Taluk, Tuticorin and 42-year-old Bala Sundaram hailing from Pammal, Chennai, were the latest to be arrested by the Central Crime Branch police, an official press release said.
Soon after Jayalalithaa was admitted to the Apollo Hospitals on September 22 after she complained of fever and dehydration, rumours were going on about her health on social networking sites including FaceBook and WhatsApp.
To end such rumours, the police have formed a team comprising private cyber experts to keep a watch on those who spread false information about the health and warned of strong action against those involved in such acts.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- #GharWapsi'I Am Born Congressman' Says Navjot Singh Sidhu, Twitter Goes Berserk
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack