DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Policy on Kashmir forcing youth to take up arms: Geelani
Geelani said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Geelani on Thursday claimed the "aggressive" and "stubborn" policy of the Centre on Kashmir was forcing the youth of the Valley to take up arms. "India's aggressive and stubborn policy will bear more terrible results in future and it is because of this youth (have) opted to take (to) arms," Geelani said in a statement in Srinagar.
The Hurriyat leader was commenting on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah's remarks about educated youth joining militant ranks. Omar said it was a matter of concern and the government is looking into it.
"There is no need (for Omar) to bother as it is a simple issue and even innocent children are familiar with hard realities," Geelani said. He said it was due to denial of political space that young men were encouraged to take to arms and sacrifice their lives for "pious cause".
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player