Politicos playing boycott politics to get attention: Omar
Omar's remarks come after proceedings in the Budget session were badly disrupted due to boycott by opposition PDP and BJP over various issues.
Jammu: Expressing anguish over frequent bedlam in the Assembly leading to loss of valuable time, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister on Wednesday said some politicians, in spite of raising the issues for which they are sent, resort to boycott politics for gaining publicity. Without taking name of any particular party, Omar, while addressing a rally in Kathua, said voters send public representatives to ventilate public problems and seek redressal of difficulties, but they do their politics by remaining absent from the right forums.
Omar's remarks come after proceedings in the Budget session were badly disrupted due to boycott by opposition PDP and BJP over various issues. While PDP had sought return of the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged in November 2012, BJP had boycotted proceedings after suspension of its MLA Jugal Kishore following a verbal spat with minister Sakina Itoo.
On this occasion, Omar listed out various initiatives taken by his government to ensure better delivery of public service and transparency in the government mechanism.
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- Martyrs' Kin React To India Avenging The Uri Attack
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts