Porngate exposed real face of BJP: Digvijaya
He said that the recent porngate scandals have exposed the real face of the BJP.
Guna (MP): Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh has said that the recent porngate scandals in Karnataka and Gujarat Assemblies have exposed the real face of the BJP and the clean chit given to the accused MLAs in the Narendra Modi-led government was a foregone conclusion.
"The porngate scandals in Karnataka and Gujarat have shown the true face of the BJP..The clean chit given to Gujarat BJP MLAs does not come as a surprise as the accused have themselves become magistrates," he said referring to the FSL report which concluded that there were no obscene videos or pictures on the iPAD belonging to MLA Shankar Chaudhary.
Singh was talking to reporters on Saturday at the local airstrip on way to his hometown Raghogarh for taking part in the Navratri puja.
The former MP Chief Minister also dared Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha to contest an election.
"I do not want to make any comment on what Jha says but only wish to point out that he will know the reality if he contests polls," Singh said.
On recent Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, he said the Congress had done better than the BJP but admitted that his party had failed to convince the people that it could form a government there.
Answering a question on Nitin Gadkari, he said that the BJP President was less of a politician and more a businessman.
"It is because of this that Gadkari has sent a businessmen to the Rajya Sabha," Singh said referring to the BJP chief's close confidante Ajay Sancheti being nominated to the Upper House from Maharashtra.
Singh said when Gadkari was PWD Minister in Maharashtra and then advisor to the Union Transport Ministry, he had given many contracts to Sancheti Company in Mumbai.
"These facts can be proved if any inquiry was conducted into the matter," he said.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets