DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sleaze row: K'taka MLAs to reply to showcause
Patil and Savadi were caught watching an obscene video on former Mangalore in-charge Minister Krishna Palemar's mobile phone while the Assembly was in session.
New Delhi: The Karnataka Assembly ministers caught in the porngate scandal - CC Patil and Lakshman Savadi - are expected to reply to the showcause notices issued to them by Assembly Speaker KG Bopaiah, on Monday. The two ministers were caught last week watching an obscene video on former Mangalore in-charge Minister J Krishna Palemar's mobile phone, while the Assembly was in session.
The incident caused a huge furore with members of the public calling for their immediate sacking.
The trio tendered in their resignations within hours of the incident. The BJP said it must be appreciated for its swift action.
The Opposition, meanwhile, is looking to cash in on the incident in the current poll season. It has called for the three MLAs to be expelled from the House.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment