Sleaze row: K'taka MLAs to reply to showcause
Patil and Savadi were caught watching an obscene video on former Mangalore in-charge Minister Krishna Palemar's mobile phone while the Assembly was in session.
New Delhi: The Karnataka Assembly ministers caught in the porngate scandal - CC Patil and Lakshman Savadi - are expected to reply to the showcause notices issued to them by Assembly Speaker KG Bopaiah, on Monday. The two ministers were caught last week watching an obscene video on former Mangalore in-charge Minister J Krishna Palemar's mobile phone, while the Assembly was in session.
The incident caused a huge furore with members of the public calling for their immediate sacking.
The trio tendered in their resignations within hours of the incident. The BJP said it must be appreciated for its swift action.
The Opposition, meanwhile, is looking to cash in on the incident in the current poll season. It has called for the three MLAs to be expelled from the House.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP